Thursday, February 16, 2006

Floo Shmoo Achoo

My little man has the flu. Behold the magic of the flu shot. Not. He's sporting a serious fever but he's eating and generally happy as long as he is Motrined properly. Have to run out for some Tamiflu. Lovely. I was actually thinking of fondly Chris today as I tried to put Spence in a vice grip for a throat culture. (I told you it was a good idea to tell the dentist story.) He's a stong little sucker and I'm morally opposed to pinning someone down for something unless it's life threatening. I'm serious - today alone will be responsible for over 50 hours of therapy in his future. Poor guy. Five tries and then the genius doctor says, "Well, let's at least do a flu test." Hey, and guess what, it's the flu! We were there for three hours and my little man was done. More done than I have seen him in a long time. Got him home, got him motrin, got him his blankie and some cartoons, got him lunch and life is manageable now. So we ride it out. Can't wait til winter is over!

6 comments:

~Mel said...

Two posts in 24 hours - whoo freakin' hoo!!

Sorry to hear the little man has the flu. Having the flu sucks. It sucks worse when you can't do anything for it but wait it out.

ChristyR said...

You are on a roll..I am loving your new computer as well. Bennies. I'm sorry your dude has teh flu. I had it Monday and Tuesday and on Wednesday I made myself just veg out. He's got a great momma to take care of him so he will be fine. Good thing he gets it now and not in fourty one days-I'm just guessing on the number!

Chris said...

Sorry to hear that Spence is still so sick. But now that you know what it is you can get him the right drugs and get him better. Good luck to all of you!

ChristyR said...

Ummm it's almost March...hello?

~Said all out of love, of course!

~Mel said...

It's March 2nd ... you need to post!

You're averaging 2 posts a month so might as well make them bookends to a month.

Miss you lady!!

~Mel said...

It's over a month since you last posted ... where are you???