Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dunno

What makes a girl post after so many months? I honestly don't know. Maybe I finally said, "Honey, I need an afternoon to fart around and do something for myself." So I've been farting around for a few hours now working on a BPS Scrapping class that hopefully will inspire me to scrap again, trolling around some blogs and finally landed here. How sad! I started working in November which has definitely cut in to any "me" time though I don't think I was very good at that to begin with. I try, but ultimately I don't enjoy it because of my two least favorite words in the english language - suppose to. I'm suppose to do a gazillion other things. Yuck. I think I really suck at being an adult. The suppose to thing just doesn't work for me. Wow. Holy doldrums, batman.

On a much lighter note (sarcasm rearing its ugly head), we saw Atonement last night. Wow was that a bummer. I hadn't read the book. Maybe if I had I wouldn't have gone to see it. Do not get me wrong. Really liked the movie. It was actually so tragic it was beautiful and tragic in a very Shakespearean way (English major rearing her ugly head). The acting was spectacular. But geez...feeling the need to go out next weekend for a feel good movie. And, please, somebody get Keira Knightly a cheeseburger. Stat.

I have just come to the realization (like, just now, after typing these two paragraphs) that I probably shouldn't blog late on a Sunday afternoon. I have that Sunday afternoon poopy thing going on. I am enjoying working just not on Sunday afternoons prior to Monday morning. It will pass and I will enjoy walking into my office tomorrow morning. My theory, though, is that no one is reading this blog any more due to the lack of blogging which actually works in my favor as this post really stinks and if I were reading it would be thinking," WTH?" But I'm here and I'm posting and that, in and of itself, is a good thing. See, a ray of sunshine in an otherwise bleary blog.

Gotta go. I'm supposed to finish the laundry and make dinner. heh heh. Just joking around. I'm starving and looking forward to making something yummy. Speaking of which I may head over the The Pioneer Woman's Blog. She has some scrumptious stuff going on over there. Here's to farting around on a cold, gray Sunday afternoon!

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

lol

me and dev saw the movie and while it was good it was depressing. she loved it but she loves romantic period pieces!

Katie said...

Ha ha, see we never give up on you! :) I can see why you were an English major...you are an excellent writer. Loving your humor, at least I think it's humor....right? :) Maybe it is just because I relate to so much of it...especially the Sunday afternoon poopy thing! :)

Unknown said...

I read your blog. And I don't care how long it takes you to add more. Nice surprise when you do. ;-)