Friday, December 16, 2005

Holy Ice Rink, Batman!

It's ok now, but this morning the roads were brutal! Mark went into work late because: a) the roads were brutal and b) they were so brutal a fed ex truck was dangling off of an overpass with all of its contents on the road below, so the roads were closed and those just happen to be the roads he needs to get to work! YIKES! School also opened two hours late today so this is the second day the Universal Conspiracy has essentially screwed me out of Christmas shopping while the young man is at school!

So Spence and I are having a nice, leisurely morning, enjoying a nice breakfast in the kitchen. I am sipping a lovely hot cup of coffee (otherwise known as "nectar of the gods") when I look over at the Spence-man and see the human anteater at work. How much do I long for the day when the ONLY thought running through my head was, "Oooohhhh....I love syrup....oh, yeah....syrup....mmmm" and "you know what would make it taste better? If I only used my tongue!" I had to take a picture as this whole scene leads to my next thought...

See this paragraph right here? Yeah, the one you're reading. This is the section of my blog that was formerly known as the bracket section but, check it, no brackets. One day! I'm over it! Believe me, I can hold a grudge long after it should be held so I figured I had at least a few weeks of serious pity-partying going on, but I'm done. I am so psyched about Ali E.'s track I can't stand it. I wanted to cry at the beginning (a whole day ago): A Life in MY week? I don't do anything! Well check out that kid. That's my week and that rocks! Tongues in syrup, Power Rangers underwear in my washer, the streets I drive by, the places I go...I have already totally changed my mind-set on how I look at the everyday and I'm psyched to record it. There are a lot of cool things that make up a "mundane" day. I had forgotten. I'm not sure I'd switch tracks now that I'm really focusing on this. Wouldn't it be cool to have an album that does "A Week in My Life" for the same week every year, or weeks from each season to see how your routines change? How cool is that!?

3 comments:

~Mel said...

We had the ice rink as well today, a good 1" of shear ice on my car this morning. I got a few chips in my face as I was digging myself out. Ahh the joys of Mother Nature.

And I'm very happy to hear that you're excited about your track. You're right - it would be very interesting to see how the same week next year would differ!

Chris said...

Great outlook! You'll have a blast in the class. The syrup incident reminds me of the movie Elf- the four food groups of elves: candy, candy corn, candy canes, and syrup!

ChristyR said...

Okay okay I really like your plan there! That is a great way to look at a week in the life of, I might have to borrow that one.