Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I am SO bloggin'!


This is outstanding! First, I'd like to thank a few people - Christy, Chris B. and, of course, the incomparable Mel. I was completely inspired by your blogs to not do my usual 3 months of procrastination - so here I am. SWEET! I am already discovering things about myself thanks to the wonderful world of blogging. First and foremost is that I have a neurological disorder where totally stupid and inconsequential things take over my brain and I think about them way more than they should be thought about. Case in point: the word "mundanity or mundanities." This is not a word. I just looked it up - not there. However, I think it's an excellent word and should be a word but since it's not an official word it is now my word. See? I will now use this word as often as possible and delight in the puzzled looks of people who are trying to figure out whether or not it's a real word. It will take aproximately 14 hours for my husband to ask why I'm saying this word and, this is probably a big reason I married him, he will ask me if that's even a word. He will totally humor me knowing that I'm having some mild neurological infarction. I love that! See, now you guys are thinking, "Crap, she's crazy, why'd we tell her to get a blog."

It's freezing here today. I think our high is supposed to be the same as Boston's so we're feeling your pain down here in VA. So I'd like to introduce you all to the Spence-man. That's him up there. All 4 1/2 years of him (in the picture), he just turned 5 in November. So, I know it's freezing here and it's Christmas time but I put this pic up 'cause it's my favorite of 2005. It was Spence's first baseball game. I'm crazy about baseball, thanks to my folks, and I used to dream about taking this kiddo to a ball game since before he was born. We went to see a single A game. (For non-baseball folks this is way below majors. It goes AAA, AA then A ball.) It was a blast. It was just baseball, not all the hoopla you get at the major parks, a gorgeous summer night and I got to teach my kiddo about baseball and he loved it. It is seriously ALL GOOD for me when I look at this pic and think about that one night. I love the little things. It's amazing how much more rewarding they are than the big ones. I think it's because they sneak up on you. You don't know it's going to happen and there it is. What a gift.

Speaking of gifts, thanks you guys. You all are a gift. I was just thinking about Christine's e-mail. Christine and I crossed paths for just a brief time and look at where we are! Like I said, you all are a gift and the best kind because you don't know it's going to happen and there it is. Have a great day everybody! And thanks for the swift kick in the butt! (Also - please send positive thoughts for CKU registration tonight. You really don't want to listen to endless blogs bitching and moaning if I don't get Cathy Z's album track!)

3 comments:

Chris said...

Yay on the blog! Fingers crossed that all of you will get the classes that you want. I'm jealous. Wish I could be going. I'm sure you'll all have a blast though.

~Mel said...

I'm so absolutely excited that you have a blog. 4 out of 6 - we're getting there...soon web domination by the Luau Ladies!
I did not know that you love baseball. That's fantastic, because I do too and now we can have some baseball chat. (Can you believe Nomah' might go to the Yanks - say it ain't so!)

Check out how I link your blog on mine, I think you'll like it. oh, a blog hint - turn on your word verification for posting so you don't get hit with spamming posts!
Welcome aboard!!

ChristyR said...

Ahhh an hour and a half and counting...I'm nervous! Tricia's computer has a virus so she's going to use her moms at work-hope it all works out. Her sister-in-law might be signing up! I'm nervous...love the blog! I think it's an awesome way to stay in touch and see what is going on. I love to read everyone's everyday and will add this to my list of blogs. Mel will tell you everything you need to know! So, good luck tonight and I look forward to reading more. Spence is too cute!