Friday, April 07, 2006

Go, Nudie, it's yo BIRFDAY!


OK - So I started this blog on Friday, April7th, which was my husband's birthday. I ran out of time and thought I'd cancelled it but lo and behold the title still showed up. Go figure. However, I'm happy to have some intrigue in my sparse blog! Nudie, obviously, is my husband. And he turned the big 39 which is totally freaking me out. I've known him since he was 18 (yet another reason to freak out) and I just don't feel like I'm married to a 39 year old - let alone almost being that myself!

So - when we were in college Mark was in the Kappa Sigma fraternity and they gave him the nickname "Menudo." To really appreciate the nickname I will have to dig up a photo and post it. Yes, he looked like a member of Menudo. Long, feathered back hair, two-toned jeans, shark tooth necklace, comb in the back pocket, high top sneaks with his jeans tucked in...I can't begin to tell you how NOT my type he was. And you can quit laughing now! I reallynhave to find a picture. So, his name was Menudo and literally everyone called him Menudo - even me! Over the course of many years I called him Nudo and eventually Nudie. I think I called him that for 5 years before I realized it was "Nude"-e. Oh well, too late by then and he doesn't care so Nudie it is!

So it was Nudie's BIRFDAY! Turning 39 must rock because he got a smokin' new iPod (I've cheesed out on gifts the last few years so he was do for something awesome) and I'm cracking up everytime it's someone's birthday because thanks to Fifty Cent (or as we like to call him - Fitty) I can't say birTHday anymore - It's BIRFDAY! And we gotta party like it's yo birfday...gonna sip Bacardi like it's yo birfday...so sad, the most WASPish girl you could hope to meet gettin' her groove on to Fitty. So anyway that was the blog more or less - all about my man's birfday.

And while I'm here let me just say that Chris was AWESOME on American Idol last night. Like, stopped what I was doing and just stared at the TV AWESOME. Oh my. My jury was still out on who I was routing for. Now I know. Just like when Constantine sang "My Funny Valentine" last season. Oh my. Love the idol.

10 comments:

ChristyR said...

Okay whose nudie and very impressed with your bloggin' lately!

~Mel said...

I want to know who's nude as well!

ChristyR said...

Hi V! Have mailed directions for CZ's class to you! Have a great Monday!

ChristyR said...

I know someone said more effort was going to be made where blog was concerned...i'm starting to wonder if that was said during lack of sleep induced state.

ChristyR said...

exactly...I would like to know what happened to the promise of more bloggin'?

ChristyR said...

love the new written thought under your profile!

ChristyR said...

nice! i wasn't even going to look over here for fear of being shut out of your life but you have posted-lol.

it doesn't matter the numeric age it's how you feel inside...you act no where near a 40 year old-so that's all that matters!

thanks for the post!

itsjustshannon said...

WooHOO! Now we know what you are talking about! Been wondering if you were going to ever update this thing...I log on EVERY DAY waiting and today was the day!

Nice to "meet" your DH!

Oh and I am married to that 40 Year Old guy....man is that OLD! Just saying that makes me feel so much better knowing I will always be three years younger. :)

Cicada said...

Yay, Vanessa! You're back!

That Nudie is a handsome guy, 40 or not :) You guys make a cute couple!

I remember Menudo, and I think I can even picture the guy he probably looked like, LOL !

~Mel said...

Yah!! An update.... Happy Birfday to Mark!!

And I can't wait to see the pictures!