Thursday, April 27, 2006

Props and a Shout OUT...

to Christine Revels 'cause she turned me on (hey now) to Joss Stone. Eons ago Christine posted something on her blog about getting the Joss Stone CD and how great it was, blah, blah, blah...something about listening to it in the tub with a glass of wine and I thought, "Hey, I really need some new music." So, I tossed that on my Christmas list and lo and behold I love that CD! I have worn that thing out. Just love it. I am always in the mood to listen to it. So, I know that I've been the world's worst blogger and every once in awhile I'll have to throw in something I've missed along the way and this is one of them. Thanks, Christine, it is one of life's great pleasures to find new music! I also got Kelly Clarkson's CD with it (not on my list) but Santa gets props too 'cause Miss Clarkson really can rock it out even though she's been dissin' the idol. I think I just am digging the chicks that rock and wish I was one of them!

Mark is away tonight (hmmm....could that be why there's actually a blog happening here? Coincidence? I think not.) and I am going to spend some quality time with Cathy Z. I think if she wrote a book just filled with old grocery lists I'd read it. I would end up more inspired to grocery shop. She rocks. See, another chick that rocks! Love that!

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

I know a chick who rocks...well many...but you ROCK! Glad you like some Stone! I know he's not a she but the James Blunt CD is pretty darn good too!

Cicada said...

I know... I just got Cathy's book in the mail 2 days ago and its killing me that I haven't had the chance to look at it yet.

I am off to Itunes to listen to some Joss Stone. I can't remember if I've listened to her music before or not. I love music recommendations!

~Mel said...

3 updates in one week... I don't know what to do with myself.

Another good "Soak in the tub" CD - Michael Buble.

Like Christine, I'm a big supporter of Joss, and I have Kelly in my car as it's a good driving CD! Great minds all think alike!