Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot, hot, hot...

No, not me (LOL) - the stinking weather, of course. Seriously, 100 degrees and code red air quality. Thank goodness for the playdate otherwise the Spence-man and I may not be so happy staring at each other. We would be cool, but man, we'd be bored. So two five year olds smoked my butt in Toy Story Memory (repeatedly). It really wasn't pretty. Nothing better to show you how fried your brain is than to play Memory with a five year old. Quite the ego boost. Then they played entirely too much on the computer - just trying to level the playing field. (:

This blog is merely procrastination rearing it's ugly head. Lurking downstairs is a) Laundry; but even worse, b) The computer/scrapbooking room. To say that it is a disaster is a gross understatement. It's so bad that I just walk in there, look around and walk back out. I'm not sure how it got that way. It used to be an ode to organized beauty and now it's organized beauty's evil spawn. I literally can't wrap my head around it. Spence is at camp and this is precious uninterrupted time and I don't think I can get my mojo back until that space is conquered. Any advice? I think it's like dieting. I know that the only way to lose weight is to move more and eat less. The only way to fix that room is to dive in and do it.

We went to see POC2 again. It was awesome, again! I haven't seen a movie in the theater multiple times since I was in high school. Our sitter for the night has seen it four times so I don't feel so bad. And it really was worth seeing it again as we caught quite a few things we didn't see the first time. Totally as entertaining the second time. And we got to go out again - 3 weeks in a row!

Spence starts kidergarten in 2 weeks. His elementary school is on the year round calendar so his first day is July 31st. I think I'm freaking out more than I'm willing to admit (though that would be admitting it, wouldn't it?...hmmm.) Any advice from you seasoned moms? I feel panicked everytime I think about putting him on a bus. What if he freaks out? What if he forgets where to go? Ahhhh!!!!! Seriously, I'd love to hear how you prepped your kiddos for k'garten and how they did. He's going full day also 8:15 - 3:00! I know he'll be tired but I think after a few weeks he'll adjust to the hours. OK, now I think I'll go work on the computer room so I don't have to think about school. Perfect. Stay cool everyone!

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

when you wrote hot, hot, hot you were exactly who I thought you were talking about!

I can tell you exactly what I was wearing, where we were, what the weather was like, how I felt, the smile on my daughter's face....on the first day of Kindergarten-even down to her Barney backpack. My son can't tell you crap..must be first kid syndrome. He will be fine! You won't! He will! And being a parent we can accept that. They are so good about knowing where Spence is and where he's going and where he's supposed to be...he'll be fine! Wow. July! Awesome!

Tackle it chica! Start with just clearing one area then move to the next. For me it's usually the floor. Once I get the floor picked up I get the rest done much easier. Maybe you need to weed through and get rid of stuff that's been sitting for too long. Either way you can do it, get busy, just start! Can't wait to see some of your stuff! I think about the Cicada layout all the time.

itsjustshannon said...

Well you raving about POC made me want to see it....managed to catch the first one on USA last Saturday night. LOVED IT! Must see new one and I might just do it this Sunday!

Hang in there on the heat....it was here first so I feel your pain...love to see you posting!

~Mel said...

When my cousin came home from his first day in first grade, he was exhausted. And he let me aunt know, the conversation went like this:
Sharon: Chris, how was the first day?
Chris: You know Mom, we're going to learn lots. But let me tell you, I'm exhausted.

Then she made sure to have his favorite snack on hand and let him cuddle on the couch.

But how she got thru the morning, I don't know. I know she shed a few tears. I'm sure all Mom's do - especially the good ones.