Monday, July 10, 2006

Arrrr.....

ahoy, mateys! If ye scurvy dogs haven't seen PiratesII yet, ye better get your booties there soon or you'll be walking the plank. Savvy?

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ROCKED! I do not care about so called movie critics who didn't like it. I guess they don't like Christmas, the circus, puppies or anything else that is entirely TOO MUCH FUN! I am saddened by those who do not possess the fun chip. My personal opinion: these movies are way too much fun! I loved the first one and so, in a very out of the ordinary trip to the movie theater on opening weekend no less, we HAD to see it. I was a little anxious because the reviews have been less than stellar but have no fear...it was AWESOME! Maybe I don't get out enough or don't have a life because WOW was that a fun 2 1/2 hours. A great dinner afterwards with my main squeeze wasn't too bad either!

And if you'll allow me a brief regression to my early teen years - Check out Orlando Bloom in Pirates! You can keep Johnny Depp. But Orlando? That is a fine looking pirate. If I were 13 I'd so have a poster of him in my room. (As opposed to being 38 and having a picture of him on my blog. Yeah, that did not escape me.)

Now I only have to wait a year for the next one! Arrr.....

6 comments:

itsjustshannon said...

Welcome back.....:)
Now I haven't seen the first pirates so maybe I need to rent it and then go see this one huh?????

Heard mixed things but I am thinking a little Orlando action certainly would be nice.

ChristyR said...

Haven't seen the first pirates..how is that even remotely possible? I too heard it's not so good but you've renewed my hope for a good one!

Chris said...

The way you started this out, I thought for a moment that it was Talk Liek a Pirate Day. Nope, not until September 19th.

Glad you liked the movie. I'll probably just add it to my NEtflix list though.

~Mel said...

I don't like the circus. Does that make me unfun?

I'm terrified of the circus - all those clowns.

But I can still have fun with the best of them! Glad you enjoyed yourself. And Aye Matey on the new post!

Vanessa B. said...

Mel-I think you are one of the least unfun people I've met! I forgot about your clown thing!

Cicada said...

That was a darn funny post, lol about the 13/poster 38/blog analogy!!

I'm seriously renting the first one this week, I've wanted to see it forever, ridiculous that I haven't!