Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Do you ever wanna....

unsubscribe to somebody's e-mails? Now, I'm not talking about anybody who may be reading this blog. Do you have somebody in your life who inundates you with e-mail? And I'm talking really bad, really stupid e-mails. Pictures of doggies and kitties and really bad jokes and, my all time favorite, chain letters with heart warming stories...sound familiar? I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell, have absolutely no friends and nothing good will ever happen to me because I stopped responding to these inane e-mails years ago. Yeah, losing lots of sleep over that. So, I'm feeling a little sarcastic today. Could you tell? I just finished reading e-mail and I honestly believe that I need to start blogging BEFORE I do a single other thing on this dang computer because my serial e-mailer is wearing me out. I have one other e-mailer who strikes usually once a month with, quite literally, HUNDREDS of pictures of her darling children. Now, before you assume (which, if I were you, I would have already) that I ODed on bitch pills this morning, please understand that this person and I are not friends. We're acquaintances from way back - 3 or 4 moves ago - happened to have kids the same age and had a few playdates together. It's the husbands who really stay in touch. Great, so why, oh why must I still be on the receiving end of HUNDREDS of pictures of her darling children. So really all I'm saying is wouldn't it be great if you could unsubscribe from people's e-mail? Of course I would want to do it in a "hurt feelings free" kind of way which can't happen so I guess I'll just complain about it instead. Now that I'm thinking about it, the daily serial e-mailer (and I'm talking anywhere from 3 to 6 a day) is my husband's friend. Hmmm....

Deep soothing breath...in....out....so much better. I'm really, acutally, in a good mood today. I know I've been out, again, for awhile. Setting up house is somewhat of drag and is taking way too long. I've been feeling too mundane to really blog about it but I suppose that's what the blog is all about. I love reading my friend's blogs and their daily doings and yet when I think about blogging my own day it feels so stinking boring I can't stand it. But then again who is the blog really for and what is it all about? My answer, which I've been pondering a lot lately, is me and my life. Duh. I've been reading Mel's Baby Alexander blog and I think it's such a cool way to have a record, a journal, of your daily life. Same with Christine's. Your kids can look back at that and it is a running commentary on your everyday experiences and your special moments as well. I need to get over my "unworthiness" and just put it out there in all its beautiful mundane-ness.

So get ready. There's a lot of non-stop action headed your way - laundry, dishes...just kidding! Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

ChristyR said...

what a fresh of breath air or is it breath of fresh air?? I think it's the later. Glad your back to bloggin', I have no hope that you will do so on a daily basis but these once a monthers are a start! lol. It's not mundane, hearing about your dirty dishes gives me time to avoid mine!

Katie said...

Hee hee, you totally crack me up...OD'd on the bitch pills...now that's a classic! :) Thanks for the giggles!

I bet that girl who spams you with pics just has you on some huge group email list...wouldn't feel bad at all about blocking! :)

I totally know what you mean about thinking my life is too boring for blogging...but it is so much fun to get to know people this way...see after this post I know that you have a super cool sense of humor! :) Keep em coming V!